BCA Covid-19 Policy Statement
BCA’s guiding principle is to protect the health and well-being of our members, staff, visitors and the community by following Government Covid-19 advice as a minimum. We will take a considered and conservative approach in the measures we adopt to minimise the risk to others.
We will ensure we have the appropriate risk assessment and procedures in place and that these are clearly communicated. Our risk management procedures will be kept under review and modified where appropriate in relation to any changes to government guidance, lessons learned and developments in best advice and practice.
To reduce the risk of virus transmission we:
• Require social distancing on our properties and during any BCA event,
• Encourage everyone to be considerate around the visitor centre and cave,
• Provide training and information to staff and volunteers,
• Require anyone who is unwell with likely Covid-19 symptoms to stay away from the visitor centre and cave or BCA event.
• Require anyone who has been in contact with someone who has Covid-19 symptoms to stay away from BCA property or events for a minimum of 14 days,
• Require everyone to follow hygiene procedures e.g. washing hands after touching surfaces and coughing sneezing etc.,
• Provide adequate facilities/products for hand washing, sanitising and cleaning and guidance on how to use them,
• Require that if any equipment has been contaminated, it be reported to site management,
• Require anyone entering the visitor centre to wash their hands/use sanitizer on arrival.
• Require the use of appropriate PPE in accordance with Government/PHE requirements
• Ensure that simple instructional guidance on the application of this policy is clearly displayed at every entrance to our buildings and all BCA organised events.
We will develop measures around our visitor centre/cave, including use of equipment and activities, as part of our risk assessment/management procedures, to ensure social distancing and minimise virus transmission. Anyone who displays or develops Covid-19 symptoms while at the visitor centre will be required to go home and follow PHE guidance (e.g. self-isolation).
We look forward to your support on our measures to minimise the risk of transmission and infection.
23rd June 2020