Buxton Civic Association – Group Structure
A Group of volunteer Directors administers the association and takes all major policy decisions.
The day-to-day workload is delegated to five groups, each made up of association members and at least one person, who will represent that Group. Within agreed remits and budgets, considerable autonomy is available to each group.
The General Manager, who also attends Board Meetings, implements policies and decisions approved by the Directors and groups as appropriate.
The Groups are separated as follows:
- Corporate Affairs Team
- Community & Membership Team
- Planning Team
- Woodlands Team
- Places and Spaces Team
- Re-development Team
Directors and managers of the Association
Most Directors have a number of responsibilities their main interests are listed below
- Peter Phillipson (Chair and Woodlands)
- Martin Wragg (Company Secretary)
- Alyson Phillips (Newsletter)
- Brian Shawcross (Treasurer)
- Mike Wilde (non-exec Community and Membership Chair)
- Andrew Banks (Planning and Environment)
- Dr Helen Haywood (Community and Membership)
- Adam Bench (Heritage)
- Lucy Marsden (Funding)
- Alan Walker (General Manager)
- Simon Fussell (Business Manager)