Buxton Civic Association is Committed To:
- Enhancing the environmental & social benefits arising from its ownership of Poole’s Cavern, the Visitor Centre, the Grin Low Country Park and the other Woodlands.
- Minimise the adverse environmental impacts of its activities bio- diversity of its woodlands
These are matters ranking equal in importance with the personnel, financial and health & safety matters.
The Poole’s Cavern Manager is responsible for the implementation of this Policy.
- Seek to minimise its use of energy, water and other resources and reduce waste
- Avoid as far as possible the use of toxic or harmful chemicals
- Ensure the preservation of fragile, unique character of the cavern and the bio-
- Enhance the visitor experience to the woodlands by provision of good information, safe access etc
- Establish a regular programme of internal audits with written reports setting out improvement targets which will be submitted to the Board
- Cooperate with local organisations in the furtherance of its objectives
- Provide training to staff as required on environmental matters
- Ensure as far as practicable that suppliers and sub-contractors achieve comparable environmental standard
- Consider the environmental implications of all purchasing and capital investment decisions
- As far as is practicable and appropriate purchase goods that are of local origin, Fairtrade and organic
Adopted by the Board of BCA April 2009