GROWING TO SELL ROLE WITH THE SERPENTINE COMMUNITY FARM BUXTON
The Serpentine Community Farm Buxton are looking to appoint someone to help with the Serpentine Community Farm. Full details of the role, including contact details can be found below.
THE ROLE - We are looking to appoint an individual (or 2 people on a job share arrangement) who has the skills, time and commitment to help us with the planning, sowing, planting, growing and selling of organic produce from the Serpentine Community Farm. You will have experience in growing vegetables but more importantly will have the time to dedicate at least 14 hours a week (during Spring, Summer and Autumn) to the role. You will also have a keen interest in working with the local community.
Because we are in the developmental stages of the project, the role is currently unpaid. However, you are free to "pick your own" and use the produce grown on the site (within reason!). This role will be suitable for someone who is seeking to develop their existing horticultural and organisational skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Developing and implementing a yearly planting plan (including crop rotation) for the site.
* Purchasing seeds and plants.
* Taking decisions about sowing, potting on and planting out.
* Developing monthly work plans for the volunteers.
* Managing plant health and the hygiene of the greenhouse and the poly tunnels and raised beds.
* Understanding how produce can be used.
* Identifying and building client relationships with our customers.
* Delivery of produce to customers.
* Weighing and pricing produce.
* Using our accounting process.
ABOUT US - Serpentine Community Farm (SCF) is a Community Interest Company. We are transforming SCF into a community resource for the people of Buxton (and the surrounding area), to develop and enhance their horticultural skills and knowledge. Our aim is to showcase all aspects of the sustainable food cycle, growing, harvesting, preserving, cooking etc.
OUR VALUES - SCF works on the principles of sustainability and protecting the environment. This means that we:
* grow produce on organic principles, without chemical additives;
* source materials as locally as possible and recycle resources when we can;
* Improve the biodiversity of the site by growing plants, including native wild flowers that are beneficial to insects and will create a habitat that encourages wildlife and insects to flourish.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS - Please do get in touch with us, we would love to hear from you. You can contact us through these channels:
* twitter.com/Serpentine Farm
* Janine 07752368358